When I first read that the clothing was made of hemp and recycled material, I was very skeptical. I thought ” Cool concept but the clothing will probably feel weird or not fit right on the body. ” I was imagining scratchy hemp rope that looked pretty. Then my clothing arrived and my thoughts couldn’t have been further from the truth. I tried on the Petra Top in Lacquered Rose that feels like buttah (butter) on your skin. I am so in love with the shade of this shirt. It’s light and airy, which feels amazing in the hot humid summers we experience in the south. The shirt also has a beautiful sewn lace insets that have a design of x’s and o’s. The Petra Top is made of 60% Organic Cotton and 40% Recycled Polyester and feels wonderful . After putting the shirt on, my daughter said I looked beautiful and started rubbing hands on it, to feel the soft texture. We also did some dancing and snuggles , to see how it moved and my daughter’s thoughts. She kid approved it! Another, thing I loved about the Petra is that the back of the shirt was a few inches longer than the front. This is great when having little kids, since I’m always bending and reaching for things and I don’t want to have to worry about pulling and tugging on my shirt all of the time. I was also able to wear this shirt with or without an undershirt. Needless to say prAna has a new fan.
Next, I tried the Milou Bottom in Supernova Pinwheel. It has fun shapes and shades of color that include pinks,purples, blues, and black. It is
made of 78% recycled polyester and 22% xtra-life lycra. It also contains 50+ UPF. Good to know, my bums covered. lol. The Milou fits nicely and has a soft lining that covers the entire inside of the bathing suit bottom. I’ve never had a bottom that included it and I have to say , that it feels pretty awesome. I’ve also had two c-sections and I love the fact that the mid rise Milou Bottom covered that up . As you can see in my photos, I had a lot of fun moving around in them. prAna also offers different styled tops that would go with these bottoms, so you are not limited in style. Or if you liked the colors but not a full on bikini , they offer tankinis and one-pieces too.
What I learned from prAna , was not only do they provide excellent clothing for an everyday and active lifestyle, but that they help provide a better future for ourselves and others. Yes, it just got real. Before , I had kids I recycled and wasn’t a litter bug. Doing these things , I really felt like I was doing my part. After having my girls the whole thing changed. I worried about what chemicals I used around the house, where our food came from, and from time to time where our clothes came from. I love what prAna has done and what they are doing for so many others. Below I have posted more photos of their lovely clothing and information about prAna, so you can see all the good they have to offer. If you are interested in purchasing any of their items , you can use this special promo code- S17PCLUBAN and get 15% off through June 16. I hope you enjoyed an inside look at some of their pieces and check out their site.
- Here’s why hemp is such a wonderful, sustainable and eco-friendly product: http://www.prana.com/life/2016/11/03/why-hemp-matters/
- More than ever, people just like you and me are seeking ways to spread positivity in our country. One way to do that is to make sure every purchase you make and every gift you give has a positive impact on our planet. prAna offers organic, hemp, sustainable, and fair trade items so that consumers feel great about the things they wear and the items they give.
- prAna designs clothing that looks good but is versatile enough for any lifestyle and any adventure. It’s common for prAna fans to wear their gear to work and to go for a hike.
- prAna’s mission is to give people the option of reaching into their closet and dressing in items that reflect who they are. The versatile but classy clothing design makes for outfits that can be worn to work or on an adventure.
- How do you know that prAna’s items are perfect for any journey? All of the designers create and test all of prAna’s clothing based on their own love for outdoor activities: http://www.prana.com/about-us/who-we-are.html
- While prAna clothing is made to accommodate any adventure, the items are first and foremost mindfully made in order to support fair trade and sustainable practices. prAna actually has only one core belief, and that is to give back more than we take from the world: http://www.prana.com/about-us/our-roots.html